Build your knowledge in just 6 weeks
Over 6 weeks you will learn about healthy skin and age-related skin changes, strategies to improve skin integrity and to better assess, manage and prevent wounds and those at risk for wounds.
What you'll get:
- 6 x modules including short videos to watch & strategies to implement throughout the week
- Group coaching Q&A to answer your questions, share experiences & hear how others are applying concepts learned to every day practice
- Ongoing support - at any stage you can post a question or comment and get a response the same day!
- Access to content for 12 months from any device
All it takes is 30 minutes a week for 6 weeks and you will gain high level, evidence-based information and useful takeaways that can be implemented immediately.
What we cover:
We will begin by looking at the wound problem in Australia and strategies you can implement to improve skin integrity and reduce the wound burden. Then we will review the basic anatomy and physiology of the skin and the healing process. Next, we will explore how to perform a holistic assessment of a person with a wound and identify factors impacting on the wound healing process. Then we will explore key concepts involved in performing a wound assessment including assessment of tissue type (wound bed appearance), exudate, odour, wound edge, surrounding skin and pain. Following wound assessment, we will explore the principles behind dressing selection to help you identify and select the right dressings with more confidence. Finally, we will finish with a case-study scenario where you can apply all the concepts learned over the last six weeks.
We believe you will receive immense value by completing Wound Care 101, but in the event you are not completely satisfied, you may request a refund.
Here’s what you need to know before you sign up in order to qualify for a refund:
- You acknowledge that this course is for those just starting out in wound care or for those seeking to refresh their knowledge
- You will learn key concepts involved in the assessment of a person with a wound
- Your training materials are yours forever
- You can try Wound Care 101 for one week and if you don’t get value, we will refund your money