Do you find it difficult to select wound dressings?
How confident are you in looking after wounds?
Are you tired of struggling alone?
Then the Skin & Wound Action Team (a.k.a. the SWAT Team) is perfect for you!
If you work in the aged or primary health care sector (including residential aged care, general practice and home health care) this membership program will provide you with the information and support you need to more confidently identify, prevent and manage wounds better in just 10 minutes each week. With a bonus webinar each quarter including 'Live Q&A' with a wound care expert plus useful hints and tips, you will have resources at your fingertips to really transform outcomes.
What you'll get:
- Online learning: at the beginning of each week, members will receive an email with a link to the online learning platform and new content. It may include a short video or a podcast plus tip sheets packed with useful strategies that can be implemented straight away. The lessons can be completed in just 10 minutes
- Webinar: each quarter there will be a webinar of 45 minutes duration with 15 minutes ‘Live’ Q&A so members can explore key topics in greater detail
- Private Facebook Group and Collaborative Community: these groups are a great place to network and connect with others in the program, ask questions, share experiences and hear how members of the group are applying concepts learned into every day practice
- Virtual Peer Support Group: this is where we take a deep dive to get a behind the scenes look at all the nitty gritty details of a specific wound problem or experience in a safe, non-judgemental environment. This group is facilitated by a wound care expert and the goal is to give everyone who participates a chance to give and receive mutual support from others who truly ‘get it’ and share the practical insights that can only come from first-hand experience
- Weekly Master Your Mindset emails where you'll get hints and tips to keep you on-track and moving forward
- Ongoing support: at any stage, questions or comments can be posted on the learning platform and responses will be given on the same day
Throughout the program, members will learn about common wound types, practical strategies to improve wound care skills and ways to better assess, manage and prevent wounds and those at risk for wounds. The program is designed to motivate and empower you to maximise your full potential. To provide you with opportunities for support and to facilitate networks with others and to use those skills to change lives for the better.
A new lesson each week (10 minutes)
Webinar each quarter with Live Q&A (45 - 60 minutes) so you can stay up-to-date with key topics in skin and wound care
Private, members only Facebook group and Collaborative Community
- Virtual Peer Support Group where you'll get next level support
Ongoing support from a wound care expert throughout the program
Certificate of Completion and professional development points
Members will gain high level, evidence-based information and useful takeaways that can be implemented immediately
The weekly lessons can be watched or listened to at any time day or night from any device for 12-months. This is a great way to advance skills and knowledge while on the go (i.e. while driving home, waiting for meetings, having lunch or as part of hand-over)